Welcome to the Houston Counseling Association
Houston Counseling Association (HCA) counselors practice in a variety of institutional settings such as schools, state and local agencies, colleges, and universities. Our membership also includes private practitioners, social workers, college students, and retired mental health providers.
Message from the President
Greetings from the Houston Counseling Association! I am glad you have been able to find us on the web and I would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join our organization if you haven‘t already done so.
It has been a trying time for everyone with COVID and the necessary shut down. However, we are excited to report that we are back up and running in person events.As a Chapter of the Texas Counseling Association, we provide a wealth of opportunities to engage with other mental health professionals within Houston and throughout Texas. One of our main goals is to provide opportunities to participate in our rich counseling community in Houston and near-by areas. We believe that having opportunities to develop our skills is also matched with the importance of opportunities to network with all counselor stakeholders. We believe that this enhances all of us by helping improve the quality and accessibility to mental health services as well as develop a cohesive counseling community—regardless of the venue that you work in. Below is a list of just some of the opportunities we have to offer.
The Houston Counseling Association:
- Hosts professional development workshops for licensed professional counselors, students, professional school counselors, and other mental health practitioners
- Promotes networking opportunities for professional counselors to meet, collaborate, and share referral information
- Engages in community service activities to promote mental health in Houston and beyond
- Organizes professional counseling advocacy events to promote standards of excellence in counseling and access to mental health services
- Awards scholarships to graduate students of professional counseling
Whether you are new to our organization or a seasoned member, we welcome you! I can personally attest to the benefits of being a member of this organization. Whether it be networking to find an LPC-Supervisor or job opportunities, learning to advocate to the Texas legislature about important mental health issues, gaining new skills to add to your counseling tool box, or simply finding consultative support, HCA can provide you with a wealth of experience. I hope that the Houston Counseling Association will be an organization that you too can find opportunity. I look forward to seeing you at one of our many upcoming events.
Megan Pollock, M.S., LPC-S, CST
HCA President 2022-2023